What We do
God’s calling for our team
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end if the age.” Matthew 28: 19-20
The Outreach Ministry Team is responsible for directing the congregation’s witness in and service to the world as an extension of our local church by developing relationships and seeking opportunities for service, evangelism, mission, and witness.
The Outreach Ministry Team consists of 9 or more members serving staggered three-year terms and the Pastor for Outreach and Missions.
Members of the Outreach Ministry Team should possess a strong desire to serve others while sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The Outreach Ministry Team will initiate, plan, direct service and evangelistic opportunities in collaboration with the deacons and pastor.
- The Outreach Ministry Team will identify, initiate, and maintain contact with persons in the mission field and community organizations.
- The Outreach Ministry Team will provide support to the Pastor for Outreach and Missions and work with him/her to coordinate all outreach efforts.
- The Outreach Ministry Team will work with the Pastor for Outreach and Mission to provide training to prepare church members in engaging in outreach ministry
- The Outreach Ministry Team will propose an outreach ministry budget for consideration by the church and collect funds, goods, and materials, for service and evangelism opportunities home and abroad.
- Disaster relief is a priority for Church of the Brethren and should remain a priority for the congregation. In particular, the Outreach Ministry Team will encourage congregational support for the annual Disaster Relief Auction and communicate how our members can contribute to the various auction functions.
What We’ve Done
God’s successes through our team
The Outreach Ministry Team along with the HCOB Congregation currently supports the following outreach ministries. Take some time and click on the links to learn more about these great organizations.
- Alpha and Omega http://alphayomega.us
- Arbor Place http://www.arborplace.org
- Bethany Seminary https://bethanyseminary.edu
- Bible2School http://www.bible2school.com
- Brethren Village https://www.bv.org
- Brethren World Missions http://www.brethren.org/bdm/
- Bridges of Hope
- Camp Swatara http://www.campswatara.org
- Center for Community Peacemaking https://lancasterinterchurchpeacewitness.org/about-us/our-mission/
- COB Haiti Medical
- COBY’s https://cobys.org
- Disaster Relief Auction https://www.brethrendisasterreliefauction.org
- Dominican Republic Pastors
- Force for Food-Friendship Community https://www.friendshipcommunity.net/
- Habitat for Humanity https://www.habitat.org
- Heifer International http://www.heifer.org
- Hope International http://www.hopeinternational.org
- Immerse International http://www.immerse-us.com
- PA Council on Alcohol and Drugs
- SIMS ( Special Friends in Ministry)
- Tabor https://www.tabornet.org
- Veritas https://veritas.community/
- Water Street Ministries https://wsm.org
The Outreach Ministry also sponsored the September All Church Retreat held at Camp Swatara in September of 2016
Who We Are
Our Current Team Members
- Steph Moyer (Chair)
- Sara Fisher
- Tom Fritz
- Faye Rohrer
- Emmy Schott
- Darren Meiser – Recording Secretary
How You Can Help
Consider partnering with us
The HCOB Congregation truly blessed our many ministry partners by overcoming a shortfall at the end of 2016.
In 2018, we encourage you to continue your faithfulness ,not only financially, but also by uplifting each of these important ministries and the work and members of the Outreach Ministry Team in prayer as we continue to answer the call to serve others.